Is Botox Cosmetic Right For Me?
Only you know when you’re ready to ask about BOTOX® Cosmetic.Take some time to read through the questions below and do your own research. And then talk to your healthcare professional to determine whether BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic right for me?Only your healthcare professional can determine whether Botox Cosmetic is right for you. However, you should not use Botox Cosmetic if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Botox Cosmetic, had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product (Myobloc [rimabotulinumtoxinB], Dysport [abobotulinumtoxinA], or Xeomin [incobotulinumtoxinA] or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
What do I need to know about Botox Cosmetic?BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, or if you notice spread of toxin effects any time (hours to weeks) after injection of BOTOX® Cosmetic. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities.
How fast will I see results?BOTOX® Cosmetic starts to work within 24 to 48 hours. In clinical trials, a majority of people saw significant improvement at 7 days, with results continuing to improve for up to a month.
How long will my results last?Visible results have been proven to last up to 4 months. Your results may vary.
What does my healthcare professional need to know before my BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?Tell your healthcare professional about:
- All your muscle or nerve conditions (eg, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome)
- Any prescription or nonprescription medicines, vitamins, muscle relaxants, or herbal products you take, or if you have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- All your medical conditions including previous or upcoming surgeries, weakness of forehead muscles, or any other facial abnormalities
- If you are currently pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant
- If you are currently breast-feeding or plan on breast-feeding
- If you have received any other botulinum toxin product in the past, particularly in the last 4 months